Here we go again......
Wow! It's has been a long time since I have done a blog entry on here. Part if it I started back to work full time outside of the home, part of it is being the wife of a senior pastor, part of it is changes in our church, part of it is welcoming new staff members at church , part of it is having to daughters who go 100 miles an hour in different directions and honestly part of it is life in general. However, the major part of it is I haven't made time to stop and blog. To stop and share with you the things God has laid on my heart. I don't have a ton of followers or even a ton of readers but I share what I do because God lays it on my heart and I pray it will help someone who might need to hear it.
In our Sunday school class we are reading the book Radical by David Platt. (Might I add David Platt was just named the new president of the IMB.) I have heard bits and pieces of this book before but really wanted to be able to dive into with a group of people who really want to have a life changing experience. This book as made me stop and look at the gospel and how I am presenting, sharing or not sharing it, living it and following it. I am only in chapter 3 (I am a slow reader) but what a powerful first 3 chapters they have been. I have found myself convicted on many levels. First and foremost the fact that I get to willingly come to church. Not in secret, not hiding behind dark clothing or in the cover of night or watching who is around me for a fear that my life is in jeopardy. I get to come openly and willingly. And I take that for granted everyday!!! Second, it makes me realize how "cluttered" my life is with nonsense and busyness. This is an area I have struggled with for years. The old adage you will make time for what you what to do it so true. Now it is time for me to make certain things more of a priority in my life. ( I will share those in a separate post and why I am choosing them.) I want my girls to see me live radically for the gospel so that they will want to live radically for the gospel. I won't ask them to do if I am not willing to.
I would encourage you buy the book Radical or download it. Read the first three chapters and see what God lays on you. Then I would challenge you to see how you can be RADICAL in your life.
In our Sunday school class we are reading the book Radical by David Platt. (Might I add David Platt was just named the new president of the IMB.) I have heard bits and pieces of this book before but really wanted to be able to dive into with a group of people who really want to have a life changing experience. This book as made me stop and look at the gospel and how I am presenting, sharing or not sharing it, living it and following it. I am only in chapter 3 (I am a slow reader) but what a powerful first 3 chapters they have been. I have found myself convicted on many levels. First and foremost the fact that I get to willingly come to church. Not in secret, not hiding behind dark clothing or in the cover of night or watching who is around me for a fear that my life is in jeopardy. I get to come openly and willingly. And I take that for granted everyday!!! Second, it makes me realize how "cluttered" my life is with nonsense and busyness. This is an area I have struggled with for years. The old adage you will make time for what you what to do it so true. Now it is time for me to make certain things more of a priority in my life. ( I will share those in a separate post and why I am choosing them.) I want my girls to see me live radically for the gospel so that they will want to live radically for the gospel. I won't ask them to do if I am not willing to.
I would encourage you buy the book Radical or download it. Read the first three chapters and see what God lays on you. Then I would challenge you to see how you can be RADICAL in your life.
Comments
Post a Comment