Renavatio

Renavatio: rebirth; discarding the old and embracing the new

"New life stirs within me now.
Like a soft breeze. transforming me now.
It's a miracle of love,
Precious blessing from above.
My heart has taken wings...like a dove." (from Wisdom for Women Journal)

This is my prayer for myself as I start 2011. I have struggled desperately in 2010 with many different things.  From illness to being homesick and everything in between. So as we get ready to ring in a new year I hope and pray it will bring rebirth of my spirit with it. So often we say we are discarding the old and embracing the new but our human side picks back up the old and carries it with us. I find that I do this more often than not. I think this year as the ball falls on Time Square, I will fall at the cross and leave my old and only pick up my new. I pray Christ will transform my heart with new life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be called upon

7 realities of being a pastor's wife

Here we go again......