Things I see

As a pastor's wife you hear and see so much, some of it good some of it bad. But I have to honestly say the  hardest thing is dealing with death. It is such a sad time no matter what the situation but each family effects me as the pastor's wife differently. I have dealt with the loss of my own grandparents and the hurt I felt was indescribable, I have lost my father-in-law and the hurt I felt for my husband and kids was horrible but seeing your church family hurting is an awful aching. Tonight we got the call that one of our sweet, most cherished church members who had been battling cancer for 3 years passed away. Travis, myself and our girls have had so many blessed opportunities to pray with this lady and her family. We had prayer time with her when no one else did and what a precious blessing it was to my heart. This sweet lady has been there since the day we were interviewed by the "firing squad" at church and she hugged us and told us she loved us just Monday when we visited with her in the hospital. I guess this is why her passing has effected me so much. As I stood there with the family at the house I almost felt lost. I just wanted to go and hold her hand and say what a glorious day! You are cancer free and with Jesus, but I am just the pastor's wife and I don't want to be in the way. But what an honor to be with the family, to hug, cry and just be. Life as a pastor's wife is good. Thank you Lord.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be called upon

7 realities of being a pastor's wife

Here we go again......