To be called upon
Have you ever sat and wondered in midst of a crisis would someone call upon you? Would they call upon you as a prayer warrior, a friend to talk to, a counselor, an advisor, a take the kids friend, a come go with me friend or a would you bare this burden with me friend. As I sat thinking about this I wondered, would someone call upon me. Would someone think I am worthy enough to be called upon as a friend to do any of the above things I list and more. I would like to think so but when tragedy strikes am I who they would think of. Am I the kind of friend who goes above and beyond to do anything I can for my friends? (I think the old adage is "would you walk through fire for them?") What a question. Would you walk through fire for your friend or friends? Better yet, would they do the same for you? Being in seminary, living in seminary housing and altogether living the "seminary" life meant I met many different people. We had great neighbors! We met great people we ca...
Comments
Post a Comment