Lets be real being a pastor's wife ain't easy.....
Yes you read it right......this southern born, southern raised girl said ain't.
I have pondered this post for some time now. I have struggled through some rough seasons in our ministry. Currently I (we) are in a great season but I see some of my closest sisters (friends) in the ministry going through a rough season and it breaks my heart. I feel their pain. The memories of those times are very real and weigh heavy in my mind at times.
Did you ever think about what it would really be like being a pastor's wife? How life would change? That chances are your family would be hours away. That you wouldn't see them at Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas. (Because we all know that 2 of the 3 holidays pastors are usual expected to be doing the service.) Did you think it would be glorious? That your husband would go to seminary and he would finish school and you would get a great church and it would just be wonderful. That your ministry would thrive, that the church you will serve at will have no problems, that every business meeting will go as smooth as butter, or that you will be at a church for years and years and years. Is this how you pictured it? I know it is somewhat how I pictured it. I mean all the pastor's wives I knew made it look easy. They seemed to have it all together.......I wish they had shared how difficult it is at times.
I wished they had shared that being a pastor package (pastor package = pastor, wife and kiddos) is a 24 hour a day 7 day a week job for all of us at times. Or that Sunday mornings are going to be your hardest day of the week because everyone is stressed. That people (church members) will judge you and watch your every move. That your children will be expected to be a certain way and not always allowed to be children. That having close friends other than other pastor's wives is something that used to be. That what used to be normal is a thing of the past.
Being a pastor's wife ain't easy. No matter what capacity your husband serves in. EVERY pastor's wife deals with the same issues. Some are more drastic than others and are at different times in her life but no matter what we all go through the same thing.
Let just be real, life as a pastor's wife ain't easy. But it is a calling God has placed on our husbands life and our life. He didn't say it would be easy. He didn't say we would never be sad, disappointed, hurt, unhappy, lonely or angry but He did say to put our faith in Him and trust in Him.
I have pondered this post for some time now. I have struggled through some rough seasons in our ministry. Currently I (we) are in a great season but I see some of my closest sisters (friends) in the ministry going through a rough season and it breaks my heart. I feel their pain. The memories of those times are very real and weigh heavy in my mind at times.
Did you ever think about what it would really be like being a pastor's wife? How life would change? That chances are your family would be hours away. That you wouldn't see them at Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas. (Because we all know that 2 of the 3 holidays pastors are usual expected to be doing the service.) Did you think it would be glorious? That your husband would go to seminary and he would finish school and you would get a great church and it would just be wonderful. That your ministry would thrive, that the church you will serve at will have no problems, that every business meeting will go as smooth as butter, or that you will be at a church for years and years and years. Is this how you pictured it? I know it is somewhat how I pictured it. I mean all the pastor's wives I knew made it look easy. They seemed to have it all together.......I wish they had shared how difficult it is at times.
I wished they had shared that being a pastor package (pastor package = pastor, wife and kiddos) is a 24 hour a day 7 day a week job for all of us at times. Or that Sunday mornings are going to be your hardest day of the week because everyone is stressed. That people (church members) will judge you and watch your every move. That your children will be expected to be a certain way and not always allowed to be children. That having close friends other than other pastor's wives is something that used to be. That what used to be normal is a thing of the past.
Being a pastor's wife ain't easy. No matter what capacity your husband serves in. EVERY pastor's wife deals with the same issues. Some are more drastic than others and are at different times in her life but no matter what we all go through the same thing.
Let just be real, life as a pastor's wife ain't easy. But it is a calling God has placed on our husbands life and our life. He didn't say it would be easy. He didn't say we would never be sad, disappointed, hurt, unhappy, lonely or angry but He did say to put our faith in Him and trust in Him.
Comments
Post a Comment