To be liked


When I started this blog nine years ago I promised to always be candid, transparent and real. I haven't strayed from that and I won't now.

To be liked...we all want to be liked. Men and women alike want to be liked. It's our nature. It's in our DNA to be liked. But as a pastor's wife I think about this often. Am I really liked?

Most women pondered this question. However, as a pastor's wife I ponder this question everyday. Since my husband is the pastor most would assume that I am liked. Which quite possibly I might be but I don't want to be liked just because my husband is the pastor. I want to be liked because of who I am.

My husband impresses people everyday. He is filled with knowledge, understanding and wisdom. People value and seek his opinion. They look to him for theology and wisdom on Biblical issues and everyday life issues. And I can say without any hesitation ninety-nine percent of people really like him. But do they really like me, the pastor's wife? Am I what they expected? Am I someone they would choose to be friends with if I wasn't the pastor's wife? I want to be liked....I mean seriously who doesn't. But I want to be like because I bring something to a friendship that someone values, that someone sees as an asset in life.

I've talked to many pastor's wives over the past few years and this is always a topic of discussion. They feel it as much as I do. They ponder it just as often as I do. And honestly we all come to the same conclusion....we just want to be liked for who we are not because of who our husbands are.

So there is my struggle. Well one of my many struggles. Just to be liked.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be called upon

7 realities of being a pastor's wife

Here we go again......