Torn

As a pastor's wife I am so torn. I know what the Bible tells us about life, family, marriage and children but so many times I find that I am torn. Torn because the situation that someone may be in is not healthy, it is damaging them, their family, their children and their walk with Christ. So when does it become okay to walk away, to say God I have tried. I have really tried to honor what your word says but I am only one side in a relationship.

I say all that because I know so many couples right now that are struggling. Friends that have been believers of Christ for years. But yet Satan has reared his ugly head and is tearing their marriages apart and I feel so helpless for them. My heart breaks because I see the hurt in their eyes, I feel the hurt, anger and sadness in their words. So in my quiet time with the Lord, I scream and cry out for them. I cry out to the Lord to bring peace in their lives. I cry out that the decision they make will be the best for them, their children and their families.

I will continue to cry out on their behalf until what is done is done. Their choice will be made and I will stand by what they decide. I will also go to the cross with them and ask for forgiveness if their decision doesn't honor what the Bible instructs us to do.

Lord, please give me the wisdom that only you have, to guide my friends in their decisions. Give me the strength to stand with them on their decision. And when their decision is made give me compassion to love them and help them pick up and go on. Lord I want to honor you by being the friend they need at all times. Thank you for loving me for what and who I am, made wonderfully in your image. Thank you for loving them for who and what they are, made in your image. In your precious name I pray. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be called upon

7 realities of being a pastor's wife

Here we go again......