Are you still influencing?

So if you read my last post I asked the question, are you a woman of influence? This question is still plaguing me. Before I get out of bed every morning I now ask myself, how will you influence someone today? In my mind that is a LARGE question, a HUGE task to take on. I am sure I influence people everyday but am I influencing them the way Christ would? That is why they question is a huge task to take on. Carol Kent said this in her book, becoming a woman of influence, "It has everything to do with shaping your heart to the image of Jesus Christ, with becoming a woman who practices the principles He modeled, and with influencing others to do the same."

Here is another thought.....when you walk through your house today, look around. Are you influencing someone with the way you do something in your house? I started off my day by walking around my house looking at things I do or don't do that influence my family. I encourage my children to keep their rooms clean, even take afternoons to clean them up when they out of hand but when I walked in my room it is a mess. Basket of clothes waiting to be folded, dirty clothes waiting to be washed, things on my dresser that need to be put up, etc. What kind of influence am I making on my children?  Telling them to do one thing but I don't set the example. Did Christ do it that way, NO!

Which takes me back to the question I ask myself everyday, how will you influence someone today? Then the question was posed to me, "What would happen if you decided to influence lives on purpose?" (Carol Kent, becoming a woman of influence)  Since we do things on a daily basis that influence people and we have no idea we are, what if we did things on purpose to influence people. Wouldn't our lives be different? Our marriages, our relationships with our children, grandchildren, friends, co-workers or even people we don't know. 

Today I want to be a woman of influence, not just one going through the motions but of purposeful influence on someones life today. Do you?

Becoming a Woman of Influence (THRIVE)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be called upon

7 realities of being a pastor's wife

Here we go again......