Are you a woman of influence?
Are you a woman of influence? Have you ever thought about that, if you are or aren't a woman of influence. Honestly, I had never thought about it until someone brought it to my attention this past month. That question was asked of me. I know I am an influence to my children, they mimic everything I do and say by I didn't think that I could influence another adult.
I was blessed to get to hear Pam Tebow (Tim Tebow's mom) speak at the pastors conference we just attended. She asked that question and. Then told us he following story:
"She said I took Timmy with me to the grocery store when he was 5. We were on the cereal asile and Timmy threw a box of Coco Kripies in the buggy. Just then he saw a classmate and said hey and then we moved on. A few days later I saw the mother of Timmy's friend and she said you know we had to buy Coco Kripies the other day because my son saw that Timmy eats Coco Krispies so I have to. So at age 5 Tim Tebow was already making an influence on people."
We all know what an influence Tim Tebow has had on Football. Showing his christian faith and dedication to the Lord no matter what the cost. So I ask you again are you a woman of influence? Stop for a moment and look at your life, is there a someone, a group of friends, your children, your parents, your husband or your church family that you might be an influence to? You are probably more of an influence to more people than you know. Remember as a christian your actions, words and life are being watched by unsaved and saved people. But have you ever considered that when you place Tide detergent in your buggy and then run into a friend that you haven't seen in years might influence them. You know the scenrio. You stand and talk for 15 or 20 minutes (maybe longer if it is me) catching up on how their lives are, their kids, your kids, etc. You can't help but notice what is in their buggy. And since they are a good person and you have know them for years you decide to purchase the same item they have in their buggy. I mean if they use it, it must be good.
Don't you want to have that same influence on someone. The same influence they had on you. (and that was just detergent) What if your daily life oozed Christ? No matter what you did you always tried to be Christ like with your walk, your words, your life. Wow! Wouldn't you be an influence! Then people wouldn't be buying detergent because you did but they would be accepting and following Christ because you influenced them too. Your example lead them to the cross.
So I ask you again, are you a woman of influence?
I was blessed to get to hear Pam Tebow (Tim Tebow's mom) speak at the pastors conference we just attended. She asked that question and. Then told us he following story:
"She said I took Timmy with me to the grocery store when he was 5. We were on the cereal asile and Timmy threw a box of Coco Kripies in the buggy. Just then he saw a classmate and said hey and then we moved on. A few days later I saw the mother of Timmy's friend and she said you know we had to buy Coco Kripies the other day because my son saw that Timmy eats Coco Krispies so I have to. So at age 5 Tim Tebow was already making an influence on people."
We all know what an influence Tim Tebow has had on Football. Showing his christian faith and dedication to the Lord no matter what the cost. So I ask you again are you a woman of influence? Stop for a moment and look at your life, is there a someone, a group of friends, your children, your parents, your husband or your church family that you might be an influence to? You are probably more of an influence to more people than you know. Remember as a christian your actions, words and life are being watched by unsaved and saved people. But have you ever considered that when you place Tide detergent in your buggy and then run into a friend that you haven't seen in years might influence them. You know the scenrio. You stand and talk for 15 or 20 minutes (maybe longer if it is me) catching up on how their lives are, their kids, your kids, etc. You can't help but notice what is in their buggy. And since they are a good person and you have know them for years you decide to purchase the same item they have in their buggy. I mean if they use it, it must be good.
Don't you want to have that same influence on someone. The same influence they had on you. (and that was just detergent) What if your daily life oozed Christ? No matter what you did you always tried to be Christ like with your walk, your words, your life. Wow! Wouldn't you be an influence! Then people wouldn't be buying detergent because you did but they would be accepting and following Christ because you influenced them too. Your example lead them to the cross.
So I ask you again, are you a woman of influence?
Comments
Post a Comment