Sick People

As I sit here I have been talking to multiple church members. It seems like our phone has rang non-stop. Some days that is the norm and other days we don't hear from anyone. It seems that we know so many sick or hurting people. Have you ever stopped and looked at how many people you know who are sick or hurting in some way?

During prayer meeting last night we went over the prayer request list like we do every Wednesday night. But last night it just seemed like it was sooo long. Under general health there were 2 columns of names for ailments then under cancer there was a whole column of names. It just amazes me the sadness that is surrounding such a long prayer list.

However, I have to remind myself what God's word says.

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because
we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance,
character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his love into our hearts
by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
Romans 5:3-5


When life is good, enjoy it. But when life is hard, remember;
God gives good times and hard times, and no one knows
what tomorrow will bring.
Ecclesiastes 7:14




So while I sit here I pray for these names on the list. For the ones whose name might not have been shared or been put on the list. And I am reminded the greatest list we can have our name on is the one our Lord God will hold at judgement.

Comments

  1. We have a rather extensive list of those for whom we need to pray as well. Some of them I know, and many of them I do not. Even though I may not know them or their situation, I know that God does know them and their situation and all I have to do is give a mere mention of their name in prayer and God knows their need. There are so many in need of prayer due to health issues. There are many more in need of prayer because of their spiritual health. I often wonder what would happen if eveyone put the names of friends and loved ones who were lost on a list and had everyone in the church praying for their salvation. How many of them would ultimately have their name on that Heavenly list?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To be called upon

7 realities of being a pastor's wife

Here we go again......