Surgery

Some of you know and others do not but on Monday I will be flying to Knoxville to prepare for surgery. I must say as the weekend is just beginning I am starting to get a little nervous about the whole thing. So I know when Sunday evening comes I will be a wreck.

For starters, this will be the first time I have flown by myself. (which for those of you who know we well, know flying is not my favorite thing to do much less by myself) Why is it that with anything you are going to do or have done you only hear the bad about it. I mean REALLY! Then on  Tuesday I have to have some pre-op test done which I honestly think scare me more than having the surgery itself. On Wednesday I have surgery prep, then I have to be there bright and early (before the sun comes up) Thursday morning.

I have said all this because so often people assume that just because you are a pastor's wife you have it all together. I mean the general thought is you've got Jesus in your back pocket what are you worried about. But contrary to what most people think pastor's wives (just speaking for myself and the ones I know) don't have it all together all the time and the only reason we have a Jesus in our back pocket is because we choose to. We rely on him whole hearted for every need and worry. Keep in mind you can have Him in your back pocket to.

So as you can imagine I am scare. I pray nothing happens during my flight, surgery or my flight home but if it does then it was my ticket and I have to look at it that way. God placed me here with a one way ticket and when he calls my flight number well.....I gotta go. That doesn't make the thought a ton easier. Just like any other mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt and friend I have so much I want to accomplish and see accomplished. As a mom I wanted to see my girls grow up, get married and have children of their own (and create more memories than my mind can hold). As a wife I want to grow old with my wonderful husband that God blessed me with almost 10 years ago. As a daughter I want to spend as much time with my parents as I can, I miss them so much. As a sister I want to see my brother grow, change, become a daddy again. As an aunt I want to see my niece grow up. And as a friend I want to laugh and make great memories with friends.

So I ask for your prayers. Just for peace and travelling graces. I know my Savior is in charge and I am glad He is the pilot for my life.

Comments

  1. I would like to say that Whit is most definitely right when she says that we PW's do not always have it all together. We do have Jesus and He is our mighty protector, but we are also human and we (I) do have times when we are basket cases too.

    Whit, you know you will be in my prayers. You are a dear friend and a sister in Christ. I will pray for his protection over you but also for his peace to comfort your fears as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, Prayers for you from East TN! I will be thinking of you and praying for you all week. Update us when you can. Jeremiah 29:11!!! Love you!!!! Amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To be called upon

7 realities of being a pastor's wife

Here we go again......