Do you get anything from my sermon?
Do you get anything from my sermon?
(keep in mind this is being asked from your husband's point of view)
This is the question I was asked today at a pastor/wife conference. A friend of ours who is another young local pastor asked the wives at the conference to be completely honest when answering that question. I started off by saying yes and no. That was and honest answer. I followed up by saying if my children are in service you might as well hang it up, because I am not able to focus on anything. I am watching them and making sure they are behaving or at least not too distracting to others. Or if I am in the choir (which I am most of the time) I find myself watching the congregations reactions to his sermon, or a point that he makes or if it is something the might be a tough subject how they accept it. But if I am on the top of my "game" and my children are in children's church or sitting with other church members who I know they have to behave with I am able to focus and give him my honest opinion of how it went or what I got out of it.
So here is my question to you: Do you get anything out of your husband's sermon? (or your pastor's either way and be honest!)
(keep in mind this is being asked from your husband's point of view)
This is the question I was asked today at a pastor/wife conference. A friend of ours who is another young local pastor asked the wives at the conference to be completely honest when answering that question. I started off by saying yes and no. That was and honest answer. I followed up by saying if my children are in service you might as well hang it up, because I am not able to focus on anything. I am watching them and making sure they are behaving or at least not too distracting to others. Or if I am in the choir (which I am most of the time) I find myself watching the congregations reactions to his sermon, or a point that he makes or if it is something the might be a tough subject how they accept it. But if I am on the top of my "game" and my children are in children's church or sitting with other church members who I know they have to behave with I am able to focus and give him my honest opinion of how it went or what I got out of it.
So here is my question to you: Do you get anything out of your husband's sermon? (or your pastor's either way and be honest!)
I can say that I do get a lot out of my husbands sermans. I must confess that I have occassionally asked him if he did a serman just for me. He of course says no, but if not he sure did stomp on my toes awful hard. I am so very proud of him. He has such a passion for Gods Word and has a deep passion to see others transformed through the Word. He often worries that he does not portray the scripture as it should be portrayed. He does such a wonderful job of bringing God's Word unapologetically and at a level that everyone can understand. I must admit that since I help with the music and do the PowerPoint for him that I often know somewhat he is going to preach about but I very seldom walk away from a sermon on Sunday having not gotten something from it. I can't speak for anyone else, but I can say that God does speak to me through him.
ReplyDelete