So blessed

I can't say how blessed we/I am. I don't just mean with children, a good husband or a wonderful family. Dont' get me wrong I have all those but I mean with a church and church family that is and goes above and beyond. I noticed this more and more a few months ago but after talking to a few of my friends who are PW's I notice it even more. My/our situtation is not the norm for most PW's and families, so I do feel so blessed!

There have been multiple times when church members just call to see how we are doing or if we need anything...anything at all. Not long after we moved here the church ladies did an old fashion pounding for us and well we were completely overwhelmed by the amount of love that the families of the church poured out over us. It has been almost a year ago and I am still using stuff they gave us. (what a blessing!!) A few families in the church have been kind enough to help us with the girls when we needed a date night, one of us was sick, out of pocket or after my surgery. My surgery was very much a point when I really noticed the out pouring of love. Travis received many calls to just check on me, then I received calls to see how I was (even when I was still in TN). We had church members who would call one morning and say, don't cook dinner we're bringing dinner tonight. This happened 4 or 5 times, which was a wonderful blessing considering Travis's had his hands full with the girls and me not being able to do anything. Another very dear friend (who is a church member) is one I can count on ALL the time. She is there no matter what day, time of day or what she has going on. We called her the night I went to the ER after my surgery to come stay with the girls (no notice, just a please come). She didn't hesitate, she was here in 15 mins. and told us not to worry about anything she would stay all night if need be. (I mean....it brings tears to my eyes that someone is willing to do that for us.) And this week, my whole family (minus me, keeping my fingers crossed) has been sick and at the doctor's office. Everyday someone has asked if there is anything they can do or get for us. But last night a church member called to check on my sick girls because she had heard they were both battling illness and she wanted to know what she could do....really....how awesome was that. Just the thought that someone cared enough about my family to really want to help is so humbling to me. I just wanted to reach through the phone and hug her.  But it didn't stop there, our door bell rang and we were expecting company so I didn't think anything about it, except it was a church member I ran into at the doctor's office (while I had Isabella there yesterday) and she wanted to give us something and share some sweet words with us. She just said I want you to have this and know we are praying for you and that getting kiddos. Going to the dr., going to school and keeping a house is hard let us love on you. (I was just in awe.)

It just makes me stop everytime I see the love that is showered on us daily. Not weekly, daily. God is everywhere around us and it just amazes me. I just don't thank him enough for all he has given me and the people he has placed in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To be called upon

7 realities of being a pastor's wife

Here we go again......